Edison Controls faulted circuit indicators are line-mounted and designed for all underground distribution systems.
Edison Controls faulted circuit indicators are line-mounted and designed for all underground distribution systems. The remote indicator mounting option provides convenient and highly visible trip indication up to fifty feet from the sensor. Cable size, voltage and location are not critical. The units are completely sealed and submersible.
EC100 Series Single Phase Faulted Circuit Indicators
The EC-11 faulted circuit indicator is a single phase, cable mounted unit with remote indicator, designed for use on the cable as well as the elbow. It is manually applied, and is used for underground applications in pad mount transformers. An optional mounting kit with viewing window provides easy field installation in a transformer housing.
EC300 Series Three Phase Faulted Circuit Indicators
The EC-31 is a three phase, cable mounted unit with remote indicator, designed for use on insulated cable. Bails and tie wraps are included for simple installation. Unit will only reset when the current in each of the three sensors exceeds the reset current. An optional mounting kit with viewing window provides easy field installation in a transformer housing.
Universal External Viewing Kit Model # KT- 5000
Available as a separate item or an option with our faulted circuit indicators, the KT-5000 universal FCI external viewing kit is manufactured of rugged clear polycarbonate material that offers high impact resistance and immunity to ultraviolet radiation. Supplied with corrosion-prof stainless steel hardware, the kit is quickly and easily mounted in the field or shop with the included mounting template.
• Trip Level: 25 – 3000 A with repeat accuracy of +/- 10%
• Reset Level: 1.0A standard; 3.0A available
• Reset Time: resets automatically in one to four minutes after restoration.
• Trip Response: Normally 1 ms or less; (refer to trip response curve)
• Power requirements: Line powered
• Adjacent Field Susceptibility: Immune to adjacent magnetic field tripping
• Overload Capability: 40,000A peak per IEEE std. 495
• Maximum Continuous Current (Non-trip State):
3.0A reset Models: 800A
1.0A reset Models: 600A
• Environmental Capability: Meets IEEE Std. 495
• Life Expectancy: 20 years